It's amazing what a $5 Walmart dress can look like when you add a little embroidery!!! It's also amazing how long it takes to do something so simple when you haven't done embroidery in about 3 or 4 months!!! Geesh -- I could have probably quilted a whole quilt in the time it took. There were a lot of "do you remember how to ..." sentences in the making of this little applique. (Note to appliquers - if the design doesn't look like it "fills" on the computer, it is not going to fill when you sew it out. I questioned the first font design, and wonder of wonders, decided to try it out before sewing it onto dress. Glad I did as it sewed out just like the pic on the software said it would - with large spaces between some of the stitches.)
2. TV time - Primitive Gathering BOM - PASS
July is finished and July isn't even over!!! How could this happen???
3. Make a decision on the drapes. STOP stalling -- either say yes or no. PASS I decided I am going to make these drapes. Luckily my goal was to make a decision and not actually DO any sewing!
4. Make last set of paper pieced "L's" for double wedding ring. FAIL This was a stretch as I knew it was going to be a busy week. Spent a day in Hattiesburg with Nick looking for an apartment and various other "weekly" stuff, so no machine time last week.
However, since I finished this month's BOM I had NO handwork!!! Can't sit in front of the Olympics without something in my hands. I got out a beautiful wool applique small piece I bought in Salt Lake City. Besides the design, I LOVED the wool they used in their kit. When I opened the kit to cut out the pieces I found out why I loved it -- there was a little tag inside that said "all wools are from Primitive Gatherings." Of course -- they do have some of the most beautiful dyed wools there are!!! I've ordered my Valdani from them and as soon as it gets here I can start. Wonder which package I'll get from Primitive Gatherings first -- BOM or thread????
As usual, the pictures don't do the wool justice.
Goals for this week:
1. Find something else for handwork until a Primitive Gathering package arrives in the mail.
2. Get curtain panel finished and up.
3. Make L's for double wedding ring.
May be tough to meet all goals since I'm keeping Jackson today and we are moving Nick this week. BUT I need a little sewing time to keep my sanity. Maybe things will work out. :)